Re: [Chicken-users] EOF syntax as Emacs comment?

From: Graham Fawcett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] EOF syntax as Emacs comment?
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 16:37:33 -0500

On 2/9/06, Graham Fawcett <address@hidden> wrote:
> (mmm-add-mode-ext-class nil "\\.scm" 'scheme-eof)
> (mmm-add-classes
>  '((scheme-eof
>     :submode text-mode
>     :front "#..EOF"
>     :back "^EOF$")))
> (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.scm" . mmm-mode))

Be wary of that last line. I think adding it might clobber whatever
mode you have associated with .scm files. (It might work for you, but
it didn't work here.) Sorry, I don't know the right way to express,
"use the default scheme mode, but run mmm-mode as well, as a minor
mode".

In the short term, leave off the last line. Open an .scm file, and
then use "M-x mmm-mode" to add it in as a minor mode.

Graham