RE: [Chicken-users] Standard APIs for databases, Web-apps

From: Dominique Boucher
Subject: RE: [Chicken-users] Standard APIs for databases, Web-apps
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:13:39 -0500

Graham,
> I didn't intend to bash Spiffy in any way. It would be helpful,
> though, if there were a clear set of hooks for introducing new
> server-drivers. At work, we use SCGI extensively, and I'd like to plug
> in a Chicken app the same way we plug in everything else. But it's not
> clear to me how to write an SCGI driver that works with Spiffy out of
> the box. I don't want to write a new framework, but I do want a
> framework that talks SCGI in a clean (and easily monitored/debugged)
> fashion. Making the Web API explicit would be a benefit here.

Have you looked at mod_lisp? Writing a Scheme "driver" for it is a matter
of minutes. I have used it myself with great success.

The comments for this blog entry

http://theschemeway.blogspot.com/2005/09/web-app-servers-and-modlisp.html

will help you appreciate the pros of mod_lisp and the cons of SCGI.

Dominique

--
The SchemeWay project
http://schemeway.sourceforge.net