Re: [Chicken-users] 3D games in Chicken

From: Peter Keller
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] 3D games in Chicken
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 09:54:58 -0600

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 05:03:54AM -0800, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
> "The Agar project produces a portable and window system independent
> graphics toolkit for SDL and OpenGLĀ®. For a complete listing of what is
> included in the core Agar distribution, see the Agar libraries page.

Honestly, I recommend having a good game design first (theme, hand drawn
screen shots of everything, understanding all menu entries and what they
do, description of play, etc), before doing anything.  Once the game is
set and you know it'll be fun and interesting (shop it around to a few of
your friends), THEN start looking at languages/technology/platforms/APIs.

Even writing in C and going for Windows isn't going to mean squat unless
the game is fun to play and somehow distinguishes itself from others of
its kind, or (nonintuitively) is a highly polished pinnacle of what a
genre has to offer. First and formost, it has to be _fun_ and _addicting_.

-pete