[Chicken-users] benchmarks and test suites

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: [Chicken-users] benchmarks and test suites
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 22:16:22 -0800

At first glance, my CMake MinGW build of Chicken seems to be working. That is, under both a MSYS shell and a normal Windows Command Prompt, if I type "chicken -version" I get the banner. However, I would like to prove that these builds are working more rigorously. Looking in the sources, I see there's a benchmark suite, but not anything that looks like a testing suite.

My question: is the benchmark suite thorough enough to function as a testing suite? Is it "ready for prime time" enough to install with Chicken, and give users an easy way to run it? Will it give a good impression of Chicken if this is done? i.e. bug-free, "fast" compared to something (basis of comparison left as a further exercise). Is the benchmark suite sufficient coverage, or does it leave a lot of holes as far as ensuring Chicken works?

Felix, BTW I still need a darcs password...

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every