Re: [Chicken-users] darcs tools

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] darcs tools
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 19:44:21 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:

Is anyone using darcs? Are you using any tools or just straight command line? [...]

Hello,

I use darcs a lot for small projects. I like that darcs works without any setup work just about everywhere and that it is very flexible in the way repositories can be accesses.

As I am very much a command line user and darcs feels completely intuitive to me, I have never really looked for any GUI or other support tool for it. I casually used the darcs backend for Emacs' VC mode, which worked fine, but I think it does not support the full range of darcs operations from within Emacs. The VC mode is biased more towards centralized version control systems.

cu,
Thomas