Re: [Chicken-users] darcs tools

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] darcs tools
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 07:27:43 +0100

On 3/13/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is anyone using darcs?  Are you using any tools or just straight command
> line?  I tried TortioseDarcs
> http://tortoisedarcs.sourceforge.net/ but it doesn't seem
> to work with the Chicken repository.  Also trying darcsum.el with XEmacs
> http://chneukirchen.org/blog/archive/2005/03/darcsum-el-polished.html
> but its usage is not obvious.  Both tools seem to assume you already know
> Darcs; neither is complete or polished for ease-of-use.

I can recommend using the command-line tools. For working
with a repository you really only need a couple of commands:

darcs get REPOURL   - to fetch the repository
darcs pull                   - for updating (if needed)
darcs whatsnew -s     - show changes in your working copy
darcs record -m "..."  - commit changes
darcs push                  - move your recorded changes to a central repository
                                       (if needed)