[Chicken-users] vctk-install: free Windows tools have changed

From: Graham Fawcett
Subject: [Chicken-users] vctk-install: free Windows tools have changed
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 12:08:07 -0400

Hi folks,

It looks like the free VC++ compiler toolchain from Windows has
changed since the last version of the vctk-install instructions.
Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 has been supplanted by Visual C++
2005 Express Edition; and the dot-Net framework is now in 2.0.

I tried installing the new toolchain on a new machine, and tweaking
the vctk-install instructions accordingly, but am having dll-hell
troubles when trying to run cl and link. (I'm not sure the details are
useful, I suspect I simply have a broken installation.)

Has anyone built chicken using the new tools, and could they possibly
post some hints on what to install, and how to configure the
environment?

Thanks,

Graham