Re: [Chicken-users] purpose of libchicken_gui ?

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] purpose of libchicken_gui ?
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 07:28:06 +0200

On 5/21/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:
Brief summary of why it must exist?  I am currently trying to fix a
conflict between <winsock2.h> and <windows.h>.  Google sez the former
must come before the latter.  libchicken_gui seems to be the only major
consumer of <windows.h>, although I'm tired now and really can't think
straight anymore... anyways, libchicken_gui is just a recompile of
libchicken with -DC_WINDOWS_GUI .

The GUI version shows a message-box on error messages. Assuming
this is linked without /subsystem:console (as with csc -W) you'll generate
a gui app that doesn't open a console window.