[Chicken-users] error loading extensions

From: Matthew David Parker
Subject: [Chicken-users] error loading extensions
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 14:15:54 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, I'm just trying to load srfi-18 and posix but it doesn't work from
the interpreter.

#;4> (use srfi-18)
Error: (load-library) unable to load library
srfi-18
"libchicken.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

        Call history:

        <eval>          (load-library (quote srfi-18))  <--

Does this mean it can't find "libchicken.so"?  I am not root on this
system so I had to do a weird install with the prefix set to
/nobackup/matparke so libchicken.so is in /nobackup/matparke/lib and csi
is in /nobackup/matparke/bin

I tried sticking libchicken.so into /nobackup/matparke/lib/chicken too but
that didn't work.

Thanks for your help.  This is 2.3 by the way. Oh, and I can do "(require
'srfi-18)" and that doesn't error, but it doesn't load any of the srfi-18
functions either.

Matt