Re: [Chicken-users] CMake/MinGW build 325 is using wrong (Unix) filename

From: Ian Oversby
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CMake/MinGW build 325 is using wrong (Unix) filename separat
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 14:19:33 +0000

A possibly stupid question: when using mingw32, one uses the normal
Windows shell, right? In that case the proper pathname directory
separator should be "\". Here is another patch that fixes a bug which resulted in "/" separators on mingw32:

[snip]

In fact, this is a good question. I'm not really that knowledgable about MinGW but it seems that there are three shells you might want to use: cygwin, mingw and the normal windows shell. I built chicken with MSYS with uses forward slashes (although it horribly [or nicely depending on your point of view!] mangles the rest of the windows path, e.g. c:\chicken becomes /c/chicken). This being the case, I should presumably not apply the patch and install all the extensions I want from MSYS. I'll try that.

Thanks,

Ian