[Chicken-users] Inch by inch, row by row

From: John Cowan
Subject: [Chicken-users] Inch by inch, row by row
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 22:57:54 -0400

Okay.  I'm now building on Cygwin using both autotools and
cmake in parallel (but only installing one at a time, obviously),
and here's the current state of progress:

0) Cmake doesn't have a "make uninstall", so I wrote a rather
drastic script called "zap-chicken" that attempts to zap
all currently installed traces of Chicken.  Obviously, don't
put it in /usr/local/bin!  I've attached it.

1) Both builds work correctly using the current darcs head.

2) "(use srfi-1)" fails in both; it is trying to load
/usr/local/bin/cygchicken.dll, but CMake is building
/usr/local/bin/libchicken.dll, whereas autotools is still
building /usr/local/bin/cygchicken-0.dll.

3) Using "ln" to link libchicken or cygchicken-0 as the case
may be to cygchicken eliminates the "No such file or directory" error,
but leaves us with this error instead:

#;1> (use srfi-1)

nursery is too small - try higher setting using the `-:s' option - execution
terminated

4) Setting any -:s value, even -:s1000000, does not change the above.

Grumble.  Back to 2.315.

--
Why are well-meaning Westerners so concerned that   John Cowan
the opening of a Colonel Sanders in Beijing means   address@hidden