Re: [Chicken-users] Inch by inch, row by row

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Inch by inch, row by row
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 02:48:40 -0700

felix winkelmann wrote:

Ok, on cygwin: what's the name of the bloody library? if autoconf
calls it cygchicken-0, then the cmake build should do the same.

Slavish imitation of Autoconf is bad reasoning. Good reasoning would be, why do they do cyg-, is it important to do cyg-, are there well-known other ways to it in the Cygwin universe, what are considered to be the best practices.

Or, if someone can tell me how to convince cygwin to name the
library libchicken, we can stick to that.

I'll Google about it.

Incidentally, the choices seem to be between having Autoconf broken, and having Autoconf + CMake broken. I mean, if you had an Autoconf build that actually worked properly on Cygwin with respect to "csi -R srfi-1", I'd pay more heed to its nomenclature.

Cheers,
Brandon