Re: [Chicken-users] CMake testing and support

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CMake testing and support
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 17:12:37 -0700

Toby Butzon wrote:
On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 04:12:19PM -0700, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:

Sourceforge.net does provide a "compile farm" that provides the ability
to build on multiple platforms, though Felix would have to move Chicken
there to take advantage of it.  It doesn't do Windows, though.

Useless.  The conversation that needs to take place is with the Kitware
guys, particularly William Hoffman.

Why is the sf compile farm "useless"?

Any solution that isn't testing Windows is useless.  I'm not going to help with a testing system that just skips out on responsibility for MinGW, VC++, and Cygwin.  That's exactly the kind of junk mentality in open source development that I've just spent 9 months trying to overcome with the CMake build.  My rant is not aimed at you personally, but I am sick to death of open source developers who pay Windows no mind.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every