Re: [Chicken-users] s11n among different chicken versions

From: Daishi Kato
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] s11n among different chicken versions
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 16:12:31 +0900

At Fri, 21 Jul 2006 08:58:50 +0200,
felix winkelmann wrote:

> On 7/21/06, Daishi Kato <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > So, the question is if there is an easy way to "write" a hash-table.
> > Converting a hash-table into an alist looks the way to go,
> > except that my hash-tables are nested.
> > Any idea would be welcome.
>

> Well, I would use s11n ;-)  Otherwise, using your own
> mapping from hash-tables to a-lists would be the way
> to go. You might also use SRFI-10 ("#,...") syntax to integrate
> this into the reader.

Does SRFI-10 keep identity?
In other words, how can it handle this: (let ([x (cons 1 1)]) (cons x x))

OK, it seems s11n is easier for my purpose.
Although I still do not understand the internals of s11n,
my proposal is to allow deserialize to have an optional
fallback deserializer, just like serialize has an optional
fallbak serializer; why not?

Thanks,
Daishi