[Chicken-users] Eggification of units

From: John Cowan
Subject: [Chicken-users] Eggification of units
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 13:29:05 -0400

Felix, I note that your 2.5 roadmap wants to eggify the units easyffi
and tinyclos.  I'm wondering how hard it would be to extend this effort
to all the units.  Is there something about these two units that makes
eggification particularly easy or practical, such that it would not make
sense to do the same thing for the other units?

It's sort of redundant having both units and eggs anyway, and the CMake
vs. Cygwin problem with doubled-up loading of libchicken would go away
if the optional units (i.e. all but library, eval, extras) were made
into eggs.

To provide the new default installation with the same capacities as the
old, these former units could be built and installed in the egg directory
by the main Chicken build.

--
It was dreary and wearisome.  Cold clammy winter still held way in this
forsaken country.  The only green was the scum of livid weed on the dark