Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken won't build on Solaris

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken won't build on Solaris
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 15:21:47 +0200

On 7/25/06, John Cowan <address@hidden> wrote:
Chicken 2.41 will not build on Solaris 8 (and probably not on
other SysVile systems either).  The problem is in the function
local-timezone-abbreviation in posixunix.scm, which has two
versions, a non-Cygwin one that uses tm_zone and a Cygwin one
that uses tzname.

However, tm_zone (of struct tm) is a GNU and BSD extension
that does not exist on Solaris.  Consequently, the tzname
version should be used on all systems that are not GNU or BSD.
(I don't know how to say that, or I'd supply a patch.)

John, can you send me the output of

gcc -dM -E - </dev/null

?

http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br:8081/blog/blog.ssp