Re: [Chicken-users] CMake cygwin can't do -0

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CMake cygwin can't do -0
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 18:40:37 -0400

Brandon J. Van Every scripsit:

> >And I just read the "ld" man page for the first time ever, and there's
> >not a word about how the "-0" gets there.
>
> Classy.

The Cygwin man pages aren't usually Cygwin-specific, nor do they normally need
to be.
There's probably just something I don't understand about ld options.  (I've
never
deliberately run ld in my life -- only had various compilers run it for me.
Explicit linking went out with the PDP-11.)

Anyway, none of us needs a diatribe on how Cygwin is such a kludge.  It is
a kludge that has advantages for certain people, including me.  We now
know what to do to get it working under CMake.  That's the main point.

--
If you have ever wondered if you are in hell,         John Cowan
it has been said, then you are on a well-traveled     http://www.ccil.org/~cowan