Re: [Chicken-users] How easy is it to use Chicken in Windows XP

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] How easy is it to use Chicken in Windows XP
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:05:25 -0700

Ian Oversby wrote:

Chicken 2.3 binary (2.41 may work too??)

Chicken 2.41 will of course work. The CMake build simply requires "Chicken 2.3 or better." It does not even have to use the same C compiler as what you intend to build. For instance, I use the Windows 2.3 MSVC binary as my canonical bootstrap compiler, to build the latest Cygwin, MinGW, and MSVC compilers.

This is all explained in INSTALL-CMake.txt, not that I mind repeating it here. One of my profs back in college said, "Repetition is the key to all learning."

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every