Re: [Chicken-users] building only from .c files

From: john
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] building only from .c files
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 16:41:24 +0100

I agree that Chicken has great potential on embedded Linux and
embedded Linux has a rosey future what with Motorola phones, Nokia
770, Sony Mylo, Pepperpad and ALP (new Palm OS) to name a few.
I have been developing an SDL based graphical console type app using
Chicken and testing it on my Sharp Zaurus. What is cool is being able
to test things out on board using the interpreter without needing to
cross compile. I only had to cross compile a few extensions to get
started. I can't imagine doing everything in C now.
I am so much more productive using Chicken.

There are some nice tools out there now to help with building on ARM
like scratchbox (scratchbox.org). When I tried some time back Chicken
built out the box.

John.