Re: [Chicken-users] sha1 unusable in Chicken 2.3?

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] sha1 unusable in Chicken 2.3?
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 15:41:39 -0700

Alejandro Forero Cuervo wrote:

Maybe modules should try to continue working with older Chicken
versions?  And maybe whenever a bad compiler bug (such as, IMHO, the
one for call/values) is found, a release should be made right away
(even if it only the minor version number is increased, ala 2.41.1)?

Maybe people should get serious about nightly build and test suites, instead of expecting this kind of support stuff to magically appear from the few developers working on things. Really, seriously, the answers to greater Chicken robustness lie in the energy of the community, not in Felix. Someone show me that they care enough to implement industrial strength testing. I will certainly facilitate any build requirements, especially Kitware's offers regarding the Dart Dashboard, but I will not take the lead.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every