Re: [Chicken-users] Noob Question about the Chicken Users List

From: Harri Haataja
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Noob Question about the Chicken Users List
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 14:38:59 +0200

On 18/08/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:
 Sean (G) wrote:
 As far as I know I am a registered Chicken user - however (and I know I am
going to feel stupid for asking this) I can't seem to find a way of seeing
the current and up to date view of the list. I can only access the list via
the archives. When I log into the list with my password etc. I can only go
to a page that shows me the subscriber list. What am I missing?
 As far as I know, there is no current up-to-the-minute archive of
[Chicken-users] posts.  The archives lag slightly.  So, you would use your
mail program to read the up-to-the-minute stuff.

 Alternately there is the GMANE interface.
http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.scheme.chicken  This is an
independent 3rd party that's tracking all of the Chicken posts.  GMANE does
it for all kinds of groups, and you can add mailing lists to GMANE if you
get permission from the mailing list owners.

GMANE also allows reading by NNTP (http://gmane.org/faq.php).

--
I appear to be temporarily using gmail's horrible interface. I
apologise for any failure in my part in trying to make it do the right