Re: [Chicken-users] eliminate the Chicken Windows binary distribution?

From: Daishi Kato
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] eliminate the Chicken Windows binary distribution?
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 00:08:42 +0900

On 11/7/06, John Cowan <address@hidden> wrote:
Daishi Kato scripsit:

> BTW, the Linux binary distribution also seems good to me.
> I think there are many people who do not compile source code,
> but are interested in Chicken.

As a pure interpreter, you mean?  If you don't compile code, the Chicken
compiler (which is Chicken's main selling point) won't be much use to you.

Ah, yes and no.
Someone used to (still?) provide a debian package, which was my first
access to Chicken as a interpreter as well as a compiler.

People usually won't compile "gcc", will they?

Daishi