[Chicken-users] any Windows Emacs haters here?

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: [Chicken-users] any Windows Emacs haters here?
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 16:02:40 -0800

I've had it with XEmacs, since by default it doesn't even indent my C code properly. I'm not about to chase around its stupid configuration magic invocations anymore. Plus, I'm totally sick of it crashing 20% of the time I do a Find, and I'm not interested in becoming a bug tester / reporter for yet another open source project right now. At least, not one I like as little as XEmacs.

I tried to fire up Eclipse, but it barfed on me having both a Cygwin and a MinGW installation. I am bored with stuff that doesn't care much about MinGW and doesn't show evidence of thorough testing.

So, I'm looking at modifying one of the open source MinGW IDEs to support Chicken and CMake. I'm curious if this approach to life has any appeal for anyone around here. Or am I the only Windows MinGW guy? I'm just curious how other people have been getting by, and if you're as sick of clumsy / broken toolchains as I am.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every