Re: [Chicken-users] Integrating unit tests into source code

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Integrating unit tests into source code
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 11:19:40 +0100

On 12/14/06, Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:

It might be useful, but typically tests are much bigger than a single
sexpr.  If you really want to test a function well, you'll have to
write tests around all the corner cases and weird combinations.
How bigger a function is, the more tests you'll need.  I'm not sure
I'd want to clutter up my code with tests like that.

You could of course put multiple expressions inside that
quoted sexpr. It could even be some form of SXML.

I like the idea of 'contracts' a lot more.  PLT scheme has a library
for those.  See http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/matthias/Tmp/contracts.html
for a draft manual/guide on how to use them.  Contracts specify the
how a function should behave.  With a library like this you don't
need to hack the core compiler either.

I don't mind hacking the compiler at all! ;-)
(But will look at contracts some more)