Re: [Chicken-users] String compression?

From: Graham Fawcett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] String compression?
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 09:06:19 -0500

On 12/22/06, felix winkelmann <address@hidden> wrote:
On 12/22/06, Graham Fawcett <address@hidden> wrote:

> Looking forward to the compress/decompress-the-whole-buffer routines, Felix
:-)

I can only assume that tweaking the compresssion parameters should
give some improvement. z3lib is known to be slightly slower than gzip,
but not by this amount. Unfortunately the author (which usually sits
in the same office as me) has his day off, so it might take a few days
before I can obtain better settings.

Imagine, having a day off on December 22 -- time for a priority-check!
;-) Thanks, Felix -- we can talk more about this in January.

I hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas, or whatever you might
celebrate, and a very Happy New Year. The same to all the good folks
on chicken-users!

Graham