Re: [Chicken-users] building on windows

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] building on windows
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 21:37:01 -0800

chicken-boot.exe is an actual Chicken compiler.  In fact, you are reminding me that when building from the boot .c files in the distribution archive, the two-stage boot process is arguably redundant.  I'll have to think about whether that can be conditionally shortened.  Anyways, if you are having build problems with chicken-boot.exe, you're going to have the same problems with chicken.exe.

Too bad the stack size didn't fix it.  Tomorrow I'll burn a CD of VS 2005 Express at a friend's house; I don't have broadband.  I'll at least see if I can duplicate the problem on my system.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every

Mark Baily wrote:
Is the thrashing you're talking about occurring inside the actual compiler or inside chicken-boot.exe produced by the compiler? The infinite loop I get is inside chicken-boot.exe.

I tried the stack size thing, but it didn't fix.