Re: [Chicken-users] various questions

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] various questions
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 08:01:06 +0100

On 1/10/07, minh thu <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I've used PRINT, DISPLAY, WRITE, and NEWLINE in a thread created from
csi (the actual
thread-making function is in a .so). The thread is just a loop waiting
one second before the next
iteration. Strangely, I tried many times, and some times I have no
output but got NEWLINE. Another time I had output. I used FLUSH-OUTPUT
but it changed nothing.

Do you run csi in a console window or in emacs? Is this on a UNIX system?

Is it possible to require-extension on different extensions but each
of them having the same exported functions, for example by putting
explicitly the extension in a namespace when requiring it ?

No, you would have to use a module system (like provided by
syntax-case, for example).

Is there support for choosing a version of an extension, for example
if the new version deprecates something my application uses ?

No, this is currently not possible.

Something like mailbox wraps an adt. Is it possible to write it so the
user of the extension can choose another adt to be wrapped (without
compiling) ?

Could you elaborate on this? Do you want to let the user specify the
actual record type, or it's contents?