[Chicken-users] thread-sleep! for less than a second

From: minh thu
Subject: [Chicken-users] thread-sleep! for less than a second
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 22:36:26 +0100

Hi,

Question again, my apologies ;)

Is it possible to have a thread sleep some milliseconds ?

I want to have a thread poll xlib for some events but not in tight
loop neither only every second (thus something in between). I guess
also than thread-yield! gives cpu to other threads but still makes a
tight loop in case the other threads want to sleep!

I can't use c sleeping function, otherwise the whole chicken runtime
will go to bed.

Is there any workaround ? Maybe I can add the feature to chicken itself ?

Thanks,
thu