Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-setup woes on Windows Vista

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-setup woes on Windows Vista
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 00:08:44 -0700

I'm afraid I still run Windows 2000 so I can't comment.  - Cheers, Brandon

Ian Oversby wrote:
Hi,

I'm having problems getting chicken-setup to run on a
new installation on Windows Vista.  I finally managed
to get it to build after replacing the MSYS dll and csi
works fine - I've tried using some extensions and they
are okay too.  However, chicken-setup fails with a
"Bad file number" error.  According to this page at
Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/reskit/w2000Msgs/5006.mspx?mfr=true
that means it was unable to open a file.  I've set all the
folders to read/write and full access and it still fails.
Any ideas on what it might be trying to open, or is
there some way to single-step chicken-setup in the
interpreter to find out where it fails?

Thanks,

Ian

$ csi -:c

Version 2.6 - windows-mingw32-x86 - [ dload ptables applyhook cmake ]
(c)2000-2007 Felix L. Winkelmann
#;1> (exit)

$ chicken-setup
sh: /c/packages/chicken/bin/chicken-setup: Bad file number