Re: [Chicken-users] benchmark results look funny

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] benchmark results look funny
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 09:36:23 +0200

I noticed that the last three digits of times from benchmark are all zero.
Results are below.
This looks funny.
Is it right?
Are there any webpages where I can compare benchmark results to see if I am
getting expected results?

Can you show me the output of compiling and running one of the benchmarks?
Like:

% cd benchmarks
% csc ctak.scm
% ctak

Also I saw a message during make about dynamic version of ffi lib not found.
Is this a problem?

This means that you don't have a libffi dll installed, only a static version.
This means that you can't pass more that 126 arguments to a procedure
(libffi is used to circumvent that problem by constructing C function calls
on the fly).