Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-setup feature-request

From: Graham Fawcett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-setup feature-request
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:24:41 -0400

On 4/25/07, foobar <address@hidden> wrote:
The thing is that i want to be able to specifiy the path where
eggs are fetched and built into. At the moment i have a separate
directory where i need to change into prior to a chicken-setup-call
in order to not pollute my filesystem (my homedir most of the time)
with the eggs being spread everywhere :)

On Unix, pending a fix, you could always write a script like:

#!/bin/bash
pushd . > /dev/null
cd /tmp
chicken-setup $@
popd > /dev/null

call it "csetup" or something like that; you'll get the effect you
want. (I'm sure there's a better way to write the script, but this
would do the trick.)

cheers,
Graham