Re: [Chicken-users] parameter limit

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] parameter limit
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 10:08:24 -0700

On May 15, 2007, at 7:54 AM, address@hidden wrote:

Hi all,

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 08:17:57AM +0200, felix winkelmann wrote:
sxml-tools uses the rather questionable idiom of "(apply append"
and "(apply string-append" at various places, which (I believe) is
repsonsible for the argument limit error.

I have uploaded a new version (1.2) that uses "concatenate" and
"string-concatenate", respectively and seems to pass the test-suites.

Please give it a try (with an unmodified chicken), since raising the
argument limit not really eliminates the problem (just pospones it).

Sorry to be getting back so late on this.  I've rebuilt an unmodified
chicken (leaving the parameter limit at 1000), and it seems to work
just fine with version 1.2 of sxml-tools.  Thanks, Felix!

While we're on the subject of XML processing . . .

I notice that sxml-tools doesn't implement the sxml:document procedure
(or at least, I can't find it in any of the XML-related packages).
This seems like a very useful function, because it can handle either
files or URIs.

Is there anything to prevent me from just patching this code in?

Not that I know of. But adding code from a later version to an earlier version can open a cascade of dependencies.

http://modis.ispras.ru/Lizorkin/Apidoc/xlink.html#codefunc35033

And if so, would it be useful to send such a patch to the maintainer
of the sxml-tools package?

Hmm, is there a maintainer? (I doubt Zbigniew thinks of himself that way.) If you provide a patch someone will apply it to the sxml-tools egg.

Thanks again.

Steve

I am working on (more off than on) a Chicken port of the "current" SSAX-SXML project (5.1) but do not wait up for it.

--
Stephen Ramsay
Assistant Professor