Re: [Chicken-users] cross-chicken for m68k-elf

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] cross-chicken for m68k-elf
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 10:36:55 +0200

On 5/30/07, John Cowan <address@hidden> wrote:

The trouble is that long jumps on the 8086 architecture are incompatible
with PIC, since they are (as the error message says) absolute.  So
the trouble arises from the combination of PIC and overlarge C functions
requiring excessively long jumps.  One or the other must go.

Ah, ok - how is it you know this sort of things?

Lev: you will have to configure with "--disable-shared", I'm afraid.
That means (assuming we can get it to build and run, which is not clear
yet, since this is pretty bleeding edge) only statically linked eggs
are supported.

What sort of platform is this? Coldfire? Does it have an MMU?