[Chicken-users] my future plans

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: [Chicken-users] my future plans
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 18:23:26 +0700

       So, I've acquired my M. Sc.  Hopefully, I'll be able to dedicate
       a bit more time to hacking in general and to Scheme programming
       in particular.

       With respect to Chicken, I'm interested in:

       * future developing an HDF4 ``wrapper'' extension; so far, I
         have SD interface wrapped almost completely, and H (HDF4
         file), V (Vgroup), VS (Vdata), VSF (Vdata's field) interfaces
         in part; more work on the interface of the extension should be
         needed -- it's not defined quite the Right Way;

       * participate in the development of array-lib;

       * work on the Chicken extensions' packaging with respect to the
         (binary) package managers.

       I'll need several Chicken extensions installed at a few hosts,
       and the ability to update with the least effort is an issue.  To
       this end, I'm going to work on building Debian binary (i. e.,
       pre-compiled) packages out of the respective source `.egg's.  As
       a repository of the `.deb' packages will be available, the APT
       will do the rest of the magic.

PS.  Apologies for possibly broken English.