Re: [Chicken-users] Noob question: (re)compile FFI-accessing code within

From: Martin Percossi
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Noob question: (re)compile FFI-accessing code within REPL
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 13:02:09 +0000

Alex Queiroz wrote:

On 7/2/07, Martin Percossi <address@hidden> wrote:

I will however, steer clear
of windows, at least until I'm better at scheme programming and I can do
better than just pepper chicken-setup.scm with (print "Got here!")
statements...

    I use Chicken under Windows on a daily basis, and I am very
satisfied. Perhaps asking questions here instead of giving up entirely
can give better results?

In that case, I have a few questions regarding your setup:
- are you using free compiler tools or MS?
- if you use free compiler tools, do you use msys, or just MinGW?
- what build file did you use in CMake -- msys or MinGW?
- where did you install msys/MinGW? As I mentioned, I put msys in C:\msys\1.0, and put MinGW in C:\mingw. Is that ok? - did you just install MSYS and MinGW using .exe installers? Or did you do the install "by hand" -- i.e. unarchiving the various tarballs on the MinGW downlad site? What other packages were required? - are you compiling and generally "doing things" from the MSYS terminal, or from a CMD.EXE window? - when I try to compile using chicken-setup inside MSYS, I get "gcc could not create output file" -- or something like that (I'm at work now, so don't have my windows box near me). When I run in CMD.EXE I get problems with untarring and unzipping the egg file. Have you seen similar errors? Are you aware of workarounds?

Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated.

TIA
Martin