[Chicken-users] Preferred Gui

From: William Ramsay
Subject: [Chicken-users] Preferred Gui
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 07:57:48 -0400

What is the currently preferred cross-platform gui library to use with
chicken? Are there any examples of real-world gui applications?

I have been working a great deal with Gtk 2.0 via EasyFFI. I looked at the Gtk egg being developed, but had no success in trying to test it. I think what the egg implementors have in mind is much
more ambitious than just getting widgets to work.   If you just
want a very stable and complete widget set, easyFFI does the trick. I built a complete editor based on the Hello World
example in the easyFFI doc.  I'm relatively new to scheme and
no Gtk expert, so if I can do it anyone can.  And Gtk+ is a very
good widget set.

Bill