Re: [Chicken-users] Automated builds

From: Arto Bendiken
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Automated builds
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 14:44:32 +0200

On 7/2/07, felix winkelmann <address@hidden> wrote:
On 6/28/07, Arto Bendiken <address@hidden> wrote:

>   3. Maybe we could add a platform specifier to the eggs' metafiles,
> in order for this process to be able to summarily skip e.g.
> OS-X-specific eggs which won't build on Linux anyway? (They could show
> "N/A" in orange or something else than a red error.)

BTW, the meta-file properties can be extended arbitrarily. Feel free
to add whatever you need.

Ah, good to know - and it opens all sorts of possibilities.

Perhaps, then, we could use a form like (platforms ...) to indicate
that an egg will only build on some specific platforms. One would
probably like to refer to some existing build/package management
platform for a good standard set of symbolic platform names, e.g.:
linux, darwin (= Mac OS X), freebsd, win32, or whatever.

--
Arto Bendiken | http://bendiken.net/