Re: [Chicken-users] Some reorganization of Eggs Unlimited sections

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Some reorganization of Eggs Unlimited sections
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 16:14:38 +0700

 >> I think this makes no sense.  There are many other 'external library
 >> interfaces'.  Just have a look at the bindings to fltk, qt, imlib2,
 >> ncurses, etc.

 > True enough. That raise another question, though - can an egg be in
 > multiple categories?

        My opinion is that using ``faceted classification'' (e. g., [1])
        for categorising software in general and Chicken eggs in
        particular really makes sense.

        Rather than trying to design a set of facets from scratch, I
        would probably consider adopting a (subset of) Debtags [2]
        facets.  This would lead to an additional benefit of having the
        tags just in the right place would the eggs be available as
        pre-compiled Debian packages.

[1] http://www.kmconnection.com/DOC100100.htm
[2] http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/