Re: [Chicken-users] Imlib2 question

From: Zbigniew
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Imlib2 question
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 08:59:36 -0500

On 9/24/07, Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 04:29:25PM -0400, William Ramsay wrote:
> > Just calling it produces r.
> Yes, this is (afaik) a deviation from the standard. ...  I want
> an error if I forgot to receive all values, I don't want the first
> value

This behaviour was changed for user convenience just before Chicken
2.0.  The backstory is here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/chicken-users/2005-05/msg00042.html

FYI, this behaviour is not a deviation from the standard, per se.  R5RS says:

"The effect of passing no value or more than one value to
continuations that were not created by call-with-values is
unspecified."

So, implementations are free to error out, or to return a single value
in the style of Common Lisp.