[Chicken-users] Re: Style Guide

From: Tobia Conforto
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: Style Guide
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 12:16:12 +0100

William Ramsay wrote:
> Is there such a thing as a Chicken/Scheme style guide? [...] If there
> is such a thing as teaching an old dog new tricks I'd like to try.

Your last sentence makes me think that you're referring to algorithm
design, not mere syntax style.  Things like learning to use closures and
continuations effectively, learning to express iterative processes with
recursive syntax, and so on.

If that's the case, I'm finding SICP[1] and The * Schemer series[2] very
interesting reads.  Even if you already know most of the concepts and
half the tricks in them, they are worth reading for the other half.

Tobia

[1] online at http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/
[2] by Daniel P. Friedman et al., available in most libraries and stores