Re: [Chicken-users] compiling chicken using visual studio

From: Peter Wright
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] compiling chicken using visual studio
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 08:19:00 +0900

On 24/12 15:02:04, Nikola Vouk wrote:
> Is it possible to compile chicken natively using visual studio
> instead of mingw? Anybody have an advice or experience trying to
> compile chicken natively on windows?

It *used* to be possible to use CMake to configure/build Chicken on
Windows (presumably with the MSVC compiler as well as mingw).

I don't know why that option went away - I probably wasn't paying
attention if it was ever discussed on the chicken-users list :). (BTW,
if anyone can point me to any mailing list threads (either here or on
chicken-hackers) talking about the buildsystem changes for 2.7, I'd
appreciate it - thanks).

Anyway, if you feel like trying it out, it looks like the CMake
buildsystem is still available in the latest 2.6* release (2.637).

http://chicken.wiki.br/releases/

As far as I understand the CMake system (ie. very approximately), I
think on Windows you can use it to generate a Visual Studio "project"
file or MSVC makefile(s) - which you can then use to build Chicken
with the MS C/C++ compiler.

> thanks,
> nik

Pete.
--
percussive maintenance, n. The art of beating the crap out of equipment
in the hope it will start to work. Disturbingly often successful.