Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Debian slander?

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Debian slander?
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 21:46:35 -0500

Zbigniew scripsit:

> It would be equally true to say that Chicken comes with a reasonably
> fast interpreter for interactive use and scripting.

Okay, I'm good with that.  Here's the text now:

Chicken is an optimizing batch compiler for the R5RS Scheme language.
It produces portable, efficient C supporting tail recursion, first-class
continuations, and lightweight threads.  Interfacing to and from C
is emphasized, including both static and dynamic loading of Chicken
code, with full support for Posix functions.  Chicken comes with a
reasonably fast interpreter for interactive use, debugging, and scripting.
Chicken also has a repository with hundreds of user-contributed "eggs",
including most SRFIs and many other widely available Scheme libraries.

Any further contributions?

> Imagine this blurb for python:

Point taken.

--
The first thing you learn in a lawin' family    John Cowan
is that there ain't no definite answers         address@hidden