Re: [Chicken-users] quasiquote, unquote-splicing and cons cells

From: Hans Bulfone
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] quasiquote, unquote-splicing and cons cells
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 18:42:29 +0100

hi,

On Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 03:10:51PM -0600, Zbigniew wrote:
> Hans,
>
> If I understand correctly, you're asking whether this is valid:
>
> `(,@'() . x)  ;=> x

yes.
i should have written my question more concisely :)

> According to Quasiquotation in Lisp (Alan Bawden), "... the most

thanks for the pointer! that's the best explanation about quasiquotation
i've ever seen.  now i even begin to understand how nested quasiquotation
works and don't need to do it by trial and error any more :)

also thanks for the other replies!

after reading part of the paper and given that `(,@'() . x) is valid
syntax according to the grammar in r5rs and that a symbol is a
dotted list of length 0 (as per srfi-1) it seems to me that there really
is no other useful expansion for `(,@'() . x) :)

also, this is actually in code that is fairly chicken-specific :)

> (##sys#append '() 'x)

ah - i didn't think about using ,x to expand qqs - good idea :)

bye,
hans.