Re: [Chicken-users] tinyclos egg on Mac OS X

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] tinyclos egg on Mac OS X
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 09:02:01 +0100

On Jan 21, 2008 8:02 AM, Ivan Raikov <address@hidden> wrote:

>   Okay, installing Chicken 2.74 on Mac OS fixed the problem with
> tinyclos, although then the readline egg started causing a
> segmentation fault, until I recompiled it, and svnwiki started causing
> internal server errors in the webserver, until I recompiled all of its
> eggs... Good times. The Linux and Mac OS Chickens were compiled with
> gcc 4.1.2 and 4.0.1 respectively, so that may have caused the
> difference. May I humbly ask that before the 3.0 release is made, some
> effort is put into making sure all eggs compile and load on Mac OS?
> (which of course I am happy to help with). Many thanks.

Ivan,

I can understand that this is somewhat frustrating, and we are working
pretty hard to ensure that all eggs build with the trunk (in fact,
nearly all do,
and those that aren't are broken for different reasons). The whole repository
branching stuff has been done exactly for being able to avoid such situations
in the future.

You can in fact help: you could install Salmonella
(http://chicken.wiki.br/salmonella) and run it over those eggs that
make sense of a Mac environment. I'm sure Mario can give you
advice, should there be any problems with the setup.