Re: [Chicken-users] Runtime arity?

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Runtime arity?
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:48:29 +0100

On Jan 29, 2008 6:25 PM, Kon Lovett <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yeah, it seems we need a database of the built-in's "procedure-
> information". Oh well, one more todo.

Is it really necessary to allow accessing the lambda-lists of primitives?
The lambda info object is a string - parsing it all the time to figure
out calling conventions is ugly at best and incomplete as well, since
optional and keyword arguments are not visible (only that optional
or rest arguments are at all available). Lambda-info is just a debugging
aid, not a reflection mechanism. In the interest of keeping code and heap
sizes small I recommend not extending this stuff.