Re: [Chicken-users] on the note of documentation...

From: Graham Fawcett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] on the note of documentation...
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:31:15 -0500

On Feb 12, 2008 2:12 PM, Elf <address@hidden> wrote:

> and given that there will be an influx of people working on lots of stuff...
> what do people think about setting some style/indent rules/suggestions for
> code?

For me, it's Emacs' (indent-sexp), with scheme-mode's adjustments for
Scheme code. You could probably suggest a max-line-length, but beyond
"use conventional Scheme indentation" I'm not sure what else you could
do.

Does anyone have a reference to a Scheme style guide? I know I've seen
one, but I can't think where. This lazy Emacs user is spoiled by
built-in functionality.

On the naming of things, it would be very hard at this point in the
game to enforce a prefix: naming convention across all egg procedures
(as in http:GET, contrasted with the gazillion 'format' definitions).
It would be helpful, iff there were also syntactic support for not
requiring the prefixes when a module is "imported", as mzscheme and
Common Lisp do. I've worked on a module system that addresses that, as
I'm sure many others have, but we have no comprehensive solution.