Re: [Chicken-users] wiki spam merging issue

From: Elf
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] wiki spam merging issue
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 16:35:00 -0800 (PST)

problem is as follows, methinks:

when something fails auth, it still is saved to a reject file, just like normal svn. the problem is that once something succeeds in auth, then any rejects are automatically appended. now, we cant just get rid of rejects
in the event that someone mistypes their password or something, cause then
theyd lose all their changes.  this leads to one of two possible solutions:

a) bind rejects to an ip.  only merge in rejects from the same ip. (not as
good)

b) require auth before getting to edit page.

of the two, b seems much cleaner, and avoids the problem of merges even from
non-webpage edits.

-elf