[Chicken-users] Portably overwriting files

From: Matt Gushee
Subject: [Chicken-users] Portably overwriting files
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 15:30:42 -0700

Hi, all--

I am working on a simple mechanism for loading and saving runtime configuration data for an application. When a config is saved, I want to replace the existing file (if any); however, it appears that for all the R5RS I/O procedures, the behavior is unspecified whenever you open an output port on an existing file. So, do I need to explicitly delete the existing file in order to have portable code?

--
Matt Gushee
: Bantam - lightweight file manager : matt.gushee.net/software/bantam/ :