Re: [Chicken-users] Unfair question: best Lisp for web development?

From: Daishi Kato
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Unfair question: best Lisp for web development?
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 15:28:27 +0900

At Wed, 27 Feb 2008 20:58:44 -0500,
Graham Fawcett wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Jim Ursetto <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On 2/27/08, Graham Fawcett <address@hidden> wrote:
> >  > Personally, I don't use Spiffy; I wrote a custom framework instead.
> >
> >  Would you mind expanding a little on your custom framework and
> >  whether it resides behind another webserver via mod_proxy, scgi,
> >  fastcgi, cgi, or is itself the main webserver?
>
> Sure. My first version was an SCGI server, but later I switched to
> HTTP. I usually host behind Apache, and moving from mod_scgi to
> mod_proxy was pretty straightforward, and in return it's much easier
> to test when Apache isn't running. I also like that using HTTP as the
> only protocol means that you can deploy apps in small-scale,
> standalone situations (e.g. "localhost" workstation apps).

Hi,
I'm also curious on this for I'm now running a HTTP server
and thinking to change it to an SCGI server (using web-unity).
Is the performance technically the same in these cases?
Also, do mod_scgi and mod_proxy handle long-lived connections
(a.k.a. COMET connections) very well?

Thanks for your comments.
Daishi