Re: [Chicken-users] New immediate values (was: DBI)

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] New immediate values (was: DBI)
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 00:04:18 -0500

felix winkelmann scripsit:

> Wether an sql-null value is immediate or not is an implementation
> detail which has no relevance to the discussion of a DBI API.

Quite true.  I have been using "immediate" rather illegitimately as a
shorthand for "unique object of a disjoint type".

However, I continue to insist that the need is not unique to DBI nor to
SQL databases.

--
John Cowan    address@hidden    http://ccil.org/~cowan
The whole of Gaul is quartered into three halves.